1. Dry Ingredients – store noodles, dry beans, cereal, flour, sugar, etc.
2. Canning – in a given season, we can beans, tomatoes, pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce, salsa, and jam
3. Homemade (almost) ANYTHING: sauces, dressings, syrup, honey, pickles
4. Leftovers – do you get sick of eating melted plastic? Heat up your food in this jar!
5. Grow seeds
6. Vase – looking for a country look?
7. Drinking Glass
8. Homemade pancake mix – just shake it up to “stir”
9. Gifts In A Jar – ever seen those beautiful layered soups or cookie ingredients in a jar? Try your own!
10. Light – you can buy attachments for a mason jar
11. Bathroom supplies – store your cotton make-up removers in a jar or even your toothbrushes
12. Coin jar
13. Homemade hot fudge sauce
14. Hair accessories – bobby pins, twisties, hair bands, etc.
16. Pencil holder
17. Dried spices – whether bought or grown and dried in your garden
18. Scrubbers – don’t want wet scrubbers lying underneath your sink? Contain the water!
19. Candy – it will soon look like a candy store!
20. Paint – don’t want to save a large paint can? Keep the extra paint and know what color it is!
21. Craft supplies – buttons, markers, ribbon, embellishments, etc.
I hope these practical ideas have you thinking about how you can use a mason jar in your own home!
What are your favorite uses for a mason jar?