You found the PERFECT gift for that special someone. You get home to realize that your gift wrap is nothing but pathetic, and you are embarrassed that you have to put that lovely gift into THAT. Or maybe you are one of those last minute shoppers. You buy the first thing you see and when you get home, you again, realize that your gift wrap is a mess and you don’t have time to decorate it in something fancy. Well, today we are going to organize ALL of our wrapping paper, gift bags, and whatever else you use to wrap gifts. This way, the next time you are stuck buying that last minute gift or want to put that something special in something beautiful, you are not stuck and left frustrated!
5 Steps to Organize Your Gift Wrapping Supplies:
1. Grab ALL of your gift wrapping supplies (including ribbon, tape, labels, Christmas paper, etc.)
2. Lay it all out.
3. Sort it (this may seem tedious…)
- Organize your paper/bags by occasion
- Organize those piles by putting all the things you have used in the past 2 years in one pile.
- The rest? THROW IT AWAY (or donate it)
- Again, you may think “I’ll use it someday…” NO YOU WON’T. You’ve been saying that for the past how many years and those bags and wrapping paper are continually pushed down to the bottom.
- Next, I would suggest buying a tote to store all of your gift wrapping supplies in (including scissors, tape, and a marker so everything is in one spot).
Looking to make the most of your summer? Jennifer from ListPlanIt.com has given me the privilege of doing a giveaway for not only 1, but TWO 100 Days of Summertime 2015 eBook! You bet, that means TWO Organizing Life With Less readers will receive a copy (download) of this eBook for FREE! Just sign up below! Giveaway ends Thursday, May 21, at 11:59pm. Or you can buy it now for only $8.00!