One month. What a month it has been. When I was cleaning today, I kept thinking about all the hardships this past month has brought, yet I still have so many things to be thankful for. I want today to be filled with praise for the things I am thankful for that God has taken us through, including the things I’ve learned. Yes tears have fallen today, but they are healing tears. This is all for God’s glory:
1. I am thankful that God gave us an answer, though we had a hard time accepting it.
2. I am thankful that God has blessed Dan and I with each other through this whole process.
3. I am thankful for our faith that is carrying us.
4. I am thankful that the tests went well with no complications.
5. I am thankful that I do not need another open heart surgery this year.
6. I am thankful that I can walk, talk, & be a “normal” human being, despite my heart condition.
7. I am thankful that God has graciously helped us get through one month of grief.
8. I am thankful that God has given us our youth group kids to fill the void in our life.
9. I am thankful for that many nieces and nephews that we can love on instead.
10. I am thankful for God’s Word which has given so much peace.
11. I am thankful for the books God has shown me that have given understanding.
12. I am thankful for the many people who have prayed, sent cards, and have checked in on us.
13. I am thankful that God promises to do what is BEST for us.
14. I am thankful that God is in control and not me.
15. I am thankful that God is always near – I can cry out to him and go to Him whenever.
16. I am thankful for new days each day.
17. I am thankful for the many encouraging conversations I have had with dear friends.
18. I am thankful for love.
19. I am thankful for a future, though we don’t know what it entails.
20. I am thankful for my Abba, my Savior, my Alpha & Omega, my Shepherd, my Prince of Peace.
Even just typing that brings peace. I could go on and on b/c God has blessed us so richly – I just have to look for the blessings. Praise God that He is an Everlasting God, who does not fail us, and as I listen to the song on my playlist, I can say, b/c of God, IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL.