I am one who enjoys making the tried and true recipes, but I also enjoy making recipes of something that I would not normally think of. There are certain things I see in a grocery store or try at a restaurant and wonder “can I make that at home?” Typically I try and it’s an epic fail. For instance, I LOVE Qdoba’s queso, and I’ve tried copycat recipes, but I just can’t seem to make a good copycat of it. I don’t know if you ever have the strange desire to try and replicate restaurant or store-bought food, but I do!
One food that I have always loved are candied pecans and almonds. I’ve made candied pecans in the past, but I had never tried candied almonds. I have seen them in the stores, fairs, or markets, but I have never attempted to make them myself. I had a craving and finally tried to give them a whirl. I must say I completely “unhealthetized” (like my new word?) a wholesome food, but hey, it was worth every minute and every bite!
These candied almonds were incredible and I am going to have a hard time NOT purchasing almonds every week – not to eat them whole, but to eat the unhealthy version. This was definitely a copycat market and fair food I am glad I tried. And you will too!
Candied Almonds (Print Recipe)
1/2 c. water
1 c. white sugar
1 T. ground cinnamon
2 c. whole almonds
White or brown sugar for coating
1. Combine the water, sugar, and cinnamon in a pan over medium heat; bring to a boil
2. Add almonds.
3. Stir almonds in mixture until the almonds are coated with a syrup-like consistency. About 10 minutes.
4. Pour the almonds onto parchment or wax paper; separate almonds.
5. Dust with white or brown sugar after almonds are slightly cooled (so sugar won’t melt).
6. Allow to cool before storing.
- Giveaway starts Tuesday, September 27, 2016 and ends Monday, October 3, 2016 at 11:59pm.
- One winner will be chosen via Rafflecopter.com
- Open to U.S. residents only and must by 18 years or older
- I will email the winner and each winner has 1 week to confirm.
- Winner will be shipped 1 AutoRight SteamMachine, free of charge.
- Please enter below!