Why: A fresh bouquet of flowers can always brighten someone’s day. Flowers offer that fresh, caring, and beautiful reminder that someone is thinking of you. Unless of course you buy them for yourself from the store, which that is okay too. So you bring the flowers home, but do you ever sit there in front of the cupboard and think “what do I put them in now?” Vases are something that we overstock our houses with – it is something that we keep because again, we think we MIGHT use them someday.
Realistically speaking, how often do you use ALL of your vases at once?
How – Time to purge our homes of our unnecessary vases in 5 easy steps!
1. Find all of your vases
2. Ask: when have I used this last? How many do I need?
– I would suggest keeping 2 or 3 different sizes
3. Ask: will I ever use this for decorating in any other way? (the answer will probably be no)
4. Donate or sell what you don’t need!
5. If your weather permits, go pick a few flowers to put in a vase!
Confession of the Day: When we were moving out of our old house, I found so many vases that I had no idea we had. They were tucked into corners I didn’t even know existed. I think I had donated a whole BOX of vases! How sad, I know. Now we have just a little corner for all of our vases and I know exactly where to go if I need one.