Why: Ribbon is something we often just throw in a bin and it gets all tangled and twisted together, resulting in gigantic knots and frustration. The desire to do a craft with ribbon is less exciting when you think about the mess of ribbon you have to deal with first.
Do you use ribbon as one of your embellishments or add-ons? If so, you may have a ribbon clutter problem! I know I did for all too long. Often my ribbon spools would fall to the bottom of my bin and I would completely forget about what I even had. What is the point of having something if I can’t even remember or see what I have?
I solved this very dilemma with my ribbon bin. I had a ribbon holder, but I had more ribbon than it would hold. I had found a bin in our home, filled with other crafting supplies, and decided to utilize it to organize my ribbon! Here is how you too, can have a no-mess ribbon system!
How: 5 Easy Steps To A No-Mess Ribbon Storage System:
1. Roll up all of your spools of ribbon so that they are neatly organized.
2. Find a bin or storage container that you can store them in and a bag to store the loose pieces of ribbon.
3. I had a bin that had holes in the side of it and decided to pull the ribbon through each hole so that all I have to do is pull out as much as I need, while keeping the spools organized.
4. If you do not have a bin with holes, you can use a regular storage container and just line up your spools. I would suggest putting a little piece of tape at the end of each so that it keeps the spools from unraveling.
5. All of your loose ribbon, store in a ziplock bag.
Confession of the Day: It has taken me YEARS to find a good system for ribbon. I was always untangling the ribbon and quite frankly I didn’t like projects with ribbon because of the hassle it became – until I started to store them in this bin. It has saved a lot of frustration and now I know exactly what ribbon I have as well.