Have you ever decluttered your greeting cards? Is this something you even think NEEDS to be decluttered?
Usually there are the extremes – either you are running to the store last minute to pick up a card, or you go to your stash and spend 15 minutes deciding which card to send. Both of them take about the same amount of time, but time that you could save!
Keeping your greeting cards organized and decluttered, will help you not only in the decision making, but also help you save space for the cards you actually like. Think about it, how many cards do you keep knowing fully that you will never use them?
Decluttering your greeting cards will be worth ever minute!
1. Find all of your cards that you have in the house.
- Do you like the card?
- Would you ever send it to someone? Who? (Put their name on it!)
- Does it have a matching envelope (or do you have an envelope you could use?)
- Do you boxes of cards that you will not use every card in?
3. Whatever you will not use, recycle them.
4. Decluttering is done, but now it’s time to organize them! Here is a picture of how I organize my cards. I used an old photo box and dividers that I had from an old card holder:
5. I have gone as far as to plan out my card giving for the YEAR! Yes, at the beginning of the year, I make all of the cards I need for the year (birthday, anniversary, a few wedding, thank yous, sympathy, etc.). I then put a little sticky note tab on each card with the corresponding name that the card will go to. Then I organize in chronological order. No panic, EVER!
Being able to pull out my greeting card box every time I need a card and being able to find what I need, is so stress-free and wonderful! I am set for the YEAR! Imagine that? It is worth the time at the beginning of the year and I have never regretted it!