Are you looking for that easy-to-grab snack for your family, vacation, or just because?
YES to all of those for me! I have made this snack mix a handful of times and it is always a huge hit. I can’t take credit for the recipe, but have modified it to fit our family’s tastes. Plus, it makes a LARGE amount, so put it in gallon Ziploc bags, that you can just throw away when you’re done with them!
- 1/2 – 1 bag pretzels (sometimes put in, sometimes don’t)
- 1 bag Nacho Bugles (or regular)
- 1 box cheez-its
- 1 box Crispix or corn chex
- 1 box wheat chex
- 1 bag Cheetos
- 1 bottle Orville Redenbacher’s Buttery Popping Oil (only use half)
- Garlic and dill weed to taste
- 2 small packages ranch dressing mix
- Dash lemon pepper
- 1-2 paper grocery bags
Put first 6 ingredients in a paper bag (can double bags up to prevent oil from leaking out). In a measuring cup, pour half of bottle of buttery oil in a cup. Add ranch packets, garlic, dill weed, lemon pepper, and mix. Pour oil over mix and shake. Refrigerate 1-2 hours. Shake occasionally. Store in Ziploc bags.
Note: What is nice about this mix, is you can add whatever you would like: M&Ms, nuts, you name it!
What is your favorite snack mix?