That little corner. The top shelf in the closet. The back of your kitchen cupboards. The bottom shelf in the refrigerator. Those little, hard to see, tucked away places, gather more clutter than what we realize. We all have them. Those catch-all places where items continue to sneak in.
How do you organize EVERY SQUARE INCH of your home?
It starts with your determination. How determined are you, to organize every possible area in your home? Often times we choose to only organize the places that others see. Or those that we see on a daily basis. It is that rare occasion that we have to dig deeper to find something, that we discover those cluttered areas.
Where are those areas in our homes that need organizing and how do you organize them?
1. Back of cupboards – look for expired food, old boxes of pasta, hardened and expired spices, and pans that get shoved to the bottom.
2. Bathroom – look for and get rid of old medicine in the back, hair products that are half-used AND unused, old make up, and old towels.
3. Under the sink – organize bags, discard or giveaway unused cleaning products, and wipe out corners that probably have food that missed the trash can.
4. Closet – look at the bottom of each pile and the sides of your hanging clothes. The shirts on the bottom of the pile you will probably not wear again. The clothes on hangers or piles that are gathering dust. The shoes in the back corner of the floor. Items in the bottom of baskets. Even the items that have made their way into the closet that don’t belong there.
5. Basement – simple: do you use everything stored in your basement? In every inch?
6. Garage – the corners may be storing unused shovels and deflated balls. What is gathering dust?
7. Miscellaneous items (wherever they may be stored) – hats and gloves, movies in the back of the entertainment center, blankets in the bottom of a chest, books that haven’t been dusted or read in years.
These are just a few of the areas where organizing EVERY SQUARE INCH makes a difference. Again, we often organize what we see. But what we don’t see, may be the place that needs the MOST organizing! Take time this week to search for those unseen areas. Take time to sort, donate, and get rid of those items you haven’t seen in years or didn’t even know existed.
You will be well on your way to ORGANIZING EVERY SQUARE INCH!
What are the areas in your home that collect the most clutter, that is often unseen?