The 4th of July is JUST around the corner! Are you ready to celebrate?
Well, I have the opportunity to team up with Wayfair by sharing my favorite dessert to join the celebration – one that represents the red, white, and blue, and the stars & stripes of the American flag! I’m here to tell you that it can be easy and simple to decorate with the stars and stripes, with just a simple dessert, just using berries! Yes, you can actually enjoy the holiday and not spend the whole day in the kitchen! So I’m excited to share with you one of my favorites – an improvised version of a Betty Crocker favorite of mine – a red, white, and blue poke cake, using two of my favorite kind of berries – strawberries and blueberries!
This will be a crowd favorite and sure is the perfect patriotic-themed dessert. And the best thing? You will not spend hours making it. It is oh so delicious! So start of the celebrations of the stars and stripes with this simple recipe!
Bake the cake as directed in a 9×13
Pierce cake with a fork or straw.
Stir gelatin into boiling water until dissolved. Stir in cold water.
Pour gelatin over cake
Spread whipped topping over cake
Arrange berries on cake to represent a flag
AND ENJOY!! You can even add a little festive decor by using patriotic-themed tableware!
Red, White, and Blue Poke Cake
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist white cake mix
- Items to bake cake: water, vegetable oil, eggs
- 1 box (3 oz) strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 c. boiling water
- 1/2 c. cold water
- 1 (8 oz.) container whipped topping
- 1 c. sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 c. fresh blueberries
- Bake cake in a 9×13 as directed. Let cool.
- Pierce cake with a fork or straw.
- Stir gelatin into boiling water until dissolved. Stir in cold water.
- Pour gelatin over cake and refrigerate.
- Spread whipped topping over cake.
- Arrange strawberries and blueberries on top of cake to look like a flag.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
What is your favorite 4th of July recipe?