This is a post I had done a while back and I thought I would revisit it. A book called Go Organize! listed these questions in order to start to get organized.
1. Do I love this or do I just LIKE it?
2. Do I like it enough to keep it?
3. Can I live without it?
4. Will I miss it if I don’t have it?
5. Will someone else love it or get more out of it than I do?
6. Is the space it takes up worth it to me?
7. Am I keeping it out of guilt?
As I start to go through my own stuff (yes, even though it’s in boxes), I know there are definitely things I can get rid of! I know this is an old concept, but when you are organizing and start to go through each room and item, either
TRASH IT (or recycle)
KEEP IT (or repurpose)
Remember, less clutter means fewer choices. I read a quote that said “A cluttered environment mirrors a cluttered mind. Clean and organize your environment and you will be surprised at how much more clearly you are able to think.”
As you spend time organizing and simplifying, keep me posted on ideas of what YOU do! Again, I am only one person and I know there is a lot of valuable information out there!
This all takes time. You can’t do it in a day. It is a mindset and it starts today.