The same can be said for facebook, emails, blogs, etc.
This may be an odd subject to talk about, as a blogger myself. Before I started my organizing blog, I was reading so many blogs on a daily basis. Checking up on each one, and I found myself overwhelmed. Granted my husband and I were going through a transitional time in life, so time was a little more available. After a recent move, I decided that instead of reading all of these blogs, to start one myself – about the passions I love.
As I started to create Organizing Life With Less, my main goal was to help others declutter, simplify, and find time to do the things that you really enjoy. That is when I started to downsize my life. Even my “media” life. So I decided to
ONLY READ WHAT I REALLY ENJOY.
What does that look like? For each person that is different. I would love to sit here and give you a laundry list of things of what you should read, but only you can define what you enjoy.
For me, this is what “simply reading what I really enjoy” looks like:
- Checking my email a few times a day, but clearing out my inbox if I can
- Reading a few of my favorite blogs, but this is about once every week
- Picking up the book because I WANT to, not because I have to (I’m a non-fiction reader)
- Looking through the few magazines I get in the mail – Country Living, Midwest Living, and HGTV
- Checking my Facebook newsfeed maybe once a day. I never go on Twitter, except to post.
- And I enjoy every minute of the things listed above!