Wedding shower gifts are sometimes hard to be creative with. Yes, there is the typical “by off the registry” gift, but what if you wanted to do something a little more creative?
When I was a bride-to-be, my sister had given me a bucket full of cleaning supplies. I still use it to this day! I thought it was such a creative, yet practical gift. I realized that even though I typically get registry gifts, I have deviated from the norm.
If you are looking to expand your gift ideas for showers or weddings, here are a few ideas that may inspire or get those wheels turnin’.
Wisdom Cleaning Bucket:
Buy each of these cleaning/household supplies and attach a little card with each of these sayings on it:
- Pledge – Honor the pledge you made before God to love each other – try to put the other first before yourself.
- Bounce dryer sheets – Keep your marriage fresh and new – expanding your interests and communicating what is in your hearts.
- Trash bags – When something hurtful happens – forgive it and trash it – never to bring it up again!
- Aluminum foil – Preserve your love for all the days God gives you – enjoy your common interests and respect your differences
- Scrubbers – Scrub anger from your marriage never go to bed angry at each other.
- Ziplock Bags – In moments of anger – zip your lip before you say something you will regret!
- Candle – Keep your love shining bright so others can see your love for each other and through it, the love of God.
- Cleaning Bucket – Bucket, broom, mop, cleaning supplies, sponges
- Sewing Kit – Sewing box or basket, supply of different colored thread, measuring tape, scissors, needles, pins, assorted button, snaps, fabric glue, pin cushion
- Picnic Kit – Cooler filled with disposable plates, cups, napkins, flatware, and some munchies
- Fix-It Kit – Hammer, screwdrivers, pliers, nails, picture hooks, gas can, oil or silicon spray, garden hose
- Medical Kit – Scissors, gauze, tape, cotton, thermometer, heating pad, hot water bottle, upset-stomach remedies, pain relievers, first-aid book, antacids, adhesive bandages, tweezers/clippers, and antiseptic spray
- Cupboard Kit – grocery staples, boxed mixes (cake, corn bread), pastas, basic spices, flavorings, casserole dishes or baking pans, spoons/spatulas/ladles.
What are some creative bridal/wedding shower gift ideas do you have?